Growth State: Our plan for prosperity
Growth State is a work plan to promote industry growth by responding to the needs of business and industries. It is a plan for a new partnership between government and industry where we are united in our goals of accelerating our economy and retaining and attracting the best and brightest to live and work in South Australia.
There are substantial prospects in the energy and mining sector to responsibly develop opportunities, grow productivity and grow our competitiveness.
Developing the Energy and Mining Strategy
Update: What we heard report now available
'What we heard (PDF 1.3 MB) summary report, released 19 December 2019, outlines responses received during consultation. These responses are being used to finalise the Energy and Mining Strategy that will highlight short-term and longer-term actions and reforms to contribute to the Growth State objectives.
Energy and mining consultation paper
Potential action to support Growth State is outlined in the consultation paper, Sustainably growing energy and mining in South Australia. The proposals outlined in this paper:
- bring together government initiatives to guide the ongoing expansion of the energy and mining sector in our state
- propose ambitious new growth targets
- outline potential initiatives to achieve those targets.
The Department for Energy and Mining received feedback from industry and the community on proposals for the sustainable growth of the energy and mining sector in South Australia.
Download the consultation paper: Sustainably growing energy and mining in South Australia: consultation paper (PDF 1.4 MB) Note: If downloading via an Android phone, PDF viewer must be installed.
The Energy and Mining Strategy will bring together other strategies already in place, such as the:
It will also incorporate current government programs including the Clean Energy Transition and new initiatives such as the Accelerated Discovery Initiative, Battery and Emerging Minerals Strategy and the Electric Vehicle Strategy foreshadowed in the 2019–2020 State Budget.
For more information email: DEM.email@example.com
- Sustainably growing energy and mining in South Australia: consultation paper (PDF 1.4 MB) released 2 October 2019
- Opportunity for South Australian's to provide feedback via this website or the South Australian Government's YourSAy web site
- Online engagement closed 1 November 2019
- 'What we heard' (PDF) report summary report released 19 December 2019
- Energy and Mining Strategy planned for release early 2020