On this page
Lease and licence applications
1. What are the three exploration regulation fee zones and corresponding fees?
2. What exploration regulation fee zone does my tenement intersect?
3. What if my tenement intersects more than one exploration regulation fee zone?
4. What if I already have an exploration licence?
5. What if I have a tenement currently in the application process?
6. Does my tenement intersect a South Australian Council?
7. What is the meaning of 'reserve' and does my tenement intersect this area?
8. How is the capital cost of an operation defined and calculated?
Extractive mineral leases
9. How is planned annual production defined?
Rent payable under the Mining Act 1971 by tenement holders
1. What if I own a mining tenement and I also am the freeholder landowner?
2. Am I impacted if I am a freehold owner of land but do not own the tenement?
3. What if the land under my tenement is owned by a trust or a subsidiary company?
Programs for environment protection and rehabilitation (PEPRs)
1. How will this fee structure apply to multiple tenements?
2. Is a fee applicable if I submit a PEPR for assessment prior to 1 January 2020 but it is not approved (still under assessment) when the PEPR fees are introduced?
3. What if I am combining a new tenement with an existing tenement?
Exploration PEPRs (E-PEPRs)
4. What is the generic PEPR - low impact mineral exploration in South Australia?
5. When is an E-PEPR review required?
6. How is the E-PEPR fee calculated?
7. When does an E-PEPR (or E-PEPR review) require referral to the Department for Environment and Water
8. When does an E-PEPR (or E-PEPR review) require approval of the Minister (or delegate) for Environment and Water?
Mining PEPRs and MOPs
9. What constitutes an administrative change for a mining PEPR review or MOP alteration?
10. How is annual production rate defined?
11. When is a mining PEPR review required?
12. What are new or modified environmental outcomes and/or criteria?
13. When does an operation fit the requirements to transition to a PEPR in accordance with Regulation 114?
14. How can I find the value of my bond?
15. How can I find the value of my approved PEPR rehabilitation liability estimate (RLE)?
16. How do I determine my fee if my RLE and bond amount are different?
17. What if there is no RLE or bond applicable to the tenement?
18. How is the mineral lease PEPR review fee calculated?
19. How do I calculate a PEPR rehabilitation liability estimate?
20. What about PEPRs for miscellaneous purposes licences?
Private mines (MOPs)
21. Will I be charged for a MOP review?
22. What are considered new operations on a private mine?
23. What are new or modified environmental objectives and/or criteria?
24. If I have both a private mine and a production tenement, will I be charged the fee for a MOP or a PEPR?
Retention lease (RL) PEPRs
25. When is a retention lease PEPR review required?
Mineral Tenements Program
GPO Box 320
South Australia 5001
+61 8 8463 3101