About the Awards
The Premier’s Awards recognise excellence demonstrated by leading resources and energy sector companies and organisations.
The Premier's Awards applaud companies and organisations that:
- Recognise South Australia as a place to successfully undertake innovative projects
- Demonstrate leadership in implementing leading practice
- Raise the bar for their competitors across the sector in their workplace practices and community engagement
- Implement projects that have measurable and valued impacts in the market place of ideas
Companies and organisations eligible to apply for the Awards must operate in the:
- Energy sector (generation, transmission, distribution, retail, energy products and services)
- Resources sector (mineral, petroleum, quarrying)
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) sector
Further announcements and releases relating to the 2019 Awards program, including updated 2019 Awards Guidelines, will be made in the coming months.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any company or organisation that operates in South Australia’s minerals, petroleum, quarrying, METS and energy sectors is eligible to apply. The key criteria are the company or organisation operates in South Australia, irrespective of ownership or headquarter location, and can demonstrate excellence in one or more of the Award categories.
Why enter the Premier’s Awards for Energy and Mining?
The winning companies or organisations receive formal recognition for their performance and leadership in the energy, resources and METS sectors. They will have an opportunity to share their experiences with government, industry and the community through expanded awareness of their winning program or project. The Award winners will be able to differentiate themselves amongst other companies and organisations. They set an example of excellence in corporate social responsibility and innovation, encouraging others to follow their lead and raising the bar for the rest of their sector.
Entering the Awards provides an opportunity to:
- Demonstrate how these programs and projects have measurable and valued impacts in the marketplace
- Support internal business cases to apply more resources to these types of programs and projects
- Receive recognition for business policies that aim to improve diversity and support communities
- Increase media and brand awareness
- Highlight the company or organisation as an attractive potential employer or business partner
The winner of each Award will receive a framed certificate signed by the Premier, an electronic certificate and the rights to use the award category logo on their website and marketing material.
Department for Energy and Mining
Phone: +61 8 8463 3000