8 July 2022
Thinking Critical South Australia announced the winning innovators today, with a diverse range of local and international companies making up the five winning submissions.
Thinking Critical South Australia asked companies to demonstrate how their businesses and ideas could deliver value to the critical minerals sector in South Australia and compete for the opportunity to leverage funding and attractive incentives from leading industry bodies and organisations to help support and grow their business.
Today, Unearthed's Zane Prickett and DEM's Alex Blood announced the five winners, who will take home a portion of the $250,000 prize pool, and also receive support from the challenge partners to help grow and support their ideas.
The five winners are:
- NDB Inc. - redefining and revolutionising the battery as we know it with innovative energy generator and storage
- CBSM Mining Services Pty Ltd - building innovative dry and wet comminution technology for the global mining, cement and waste industries
- Rockburst Technologies Inc. - developing a novel mining comminution process designed to significantly reduce energy and GHG emissions
- QL Space - developing disruptive new space technology to transform the sector through remote sensing satellites, sensors, data, and deep learning (AI+ML)
- Scantech International - developing a broad range of industrial instrumentation utilising various measurement technologies, including microwave methods
Watch the full announcement: