As custodians of the state’s mineral resources, the Department for Energy and Mining (DEM) is committed to regulating efficiently, effectively and proactively, with a strong focus on protecting environment and communities, in line with our policies on regulation and compliance.
This Annual Mineral Resources Regulation Report 1 July 2021 to 30 June 22 provides an overview of our regulatory activities under the Mining Act 1971 and Mining Regulations 2020 for the period of July 2021 to June 2022, as well as the performance of companies operating in the sector.
Read the report
The Appendix volume provides specific information on the following:
- Appendix 1: Registered and endorsed instruments
- Appendix 2: Court actions
- Appendix 3: Mining native title registrations
- Appendix 4: Exploration and mining assessment definitions
- Appendix 5: EPEPR assessments
- Appendix 6: Mining assessment calculations
- Appendix 7: Mining assessments
The appendices can be downloaded in one volume:
- Appendix volume: South Australia Mineral Resources Regulation Report 2021-22 July to June (PDF 360 KB)
How we regulate
Read about how we regulate:
- Exploration and mining regulation (Mineral Policy 001) (PDF 147 KB)
- Mining Act regulation, compliance and enforcement (Mineral Policy 004) (PDF 298 KB)
Legislation, regulatory policy initiatives and programs
DEM is committed to the development and implementation of policies and legislation that ensure South Australia has a strategically focused, coordinated and transparent approach to mine regulation, land access and the impact of mining on key stakeholders. Key to this is a focus on balancing multiple land uses such as planning, conservation, Aboriginal heritage, native title, Defence, agriculture and renewable energy.
The department is committed to ongoing implementation and continuous improvement of our policies and guidance material. These can be found on the Forms, legislation and guidance page of this website.
The relevant Act and regulations are available from the South Australian Legislation website.
Explaining exploration and mining in South Australia
DEM has produced seven short videos that provide simple, clear and transparent explanations about aspects of exploration and mining and address common community concerns. The videos can be found on the Community and land access page of this website