DEM administers policy, collection and reporting of all royalties sourced from South Australian producers for both mineral and petroleum resources.
In 2021–22 the royalty audit compliance program:
- audited 98% of mineral royalty revenue
- subjected 67 mineral producers to a comprehensive audit
- recovered $311,000 in mining royalty revenue.
Reported mineral production 2021–22:
- focused on large high-risk mineral producers involving more complex audits.
- used drone surveys to better assess extractive mineral production volumes recovered through mining operations.
Figure 25: Royalty audits FY2017–18 to FY2021–22
DEM carried out 67 mining royalty audits in FY2021–22.
Popup table version of Figure 25: Royalty audits FY2017–18 to FY2021–22
Mineral production contribution to mining royalties
Mineral production contributed $240 million to mining royalties in 2021–22.