South Australia is acknowledged as one of the world's best regulated mineral resources jurisdictions
South Australia mineral resources regulation report: 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022
The first digital edition of the department's annual regulation report is now available.
It provides an overview of our regulatory activities under the Mining Act 1970 and Mining Regulations 2020 for the period of July 2021 to June 2022, as well as the performance of companies operating in the sector.
Mineral resources regulation reports
The South Australia mineral resources regulation reports summarise the regulatory activities of the South Australian Government's Mineral Resources Division and the performance of the South Australian Mining Industry.
The reports align with regulatory practices set out in Exploration and mining regulation, which recognises the need for predictable regulatory processes to provide confidence for the mining sector to commit to higher risks for investment in new mineral exploration, mine developments and life of mine operations.
The South Australian Government recognises that these reports satisfy key features of its regulatory framework by providing transparency of its regulatory services to the South Australian mining industry, community and other stakeholders. These reports will contribute to providing community confidence and trust in the regulator, the industry's overall performance and a demonstrated commitment by exploration and mining companies to best practice management.
Previous regulation reports
- South Australia Mineral Resources Regulation Report 2020-21 July to June (PDF 53 MB)
- South Australia Mineral resources regulation report 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020 (PDF 6.2 MB)
- South Australia Mineral resources regulation report 1 January 2018 to 30 June 2019 (PDF 64 MB)
- South Australia Mineral resources regulation report 2017 (PDF 7.8 MB)
- South Australia Mineral resources regulation report 2016 PDF 2.2 MB)
- South Australia Mineral resources regulation report 2015 (PDF 2.3 MB)
- South Australia Mineral resources regulation report 2014 (PDF 2.2 MB)
Air quality impacts and regulation
This report focuses primarily on the regulation of particulate matter from mines and quarries. It has been conducted to inform the development of a collaborative air quality guideline - a collaboration between the Mineral Resources Division and the Environment Protection Authority South Australia (EPASA).