The Premier’s Awards in Energy and Mining recognise excellence demonstrated by leading resources and energy sector companies and organisations to improve the economic, environmental, health and social wellbeing of South Australian communities.
- recognise South Australia as a place to successfully undertake innovative projects
- demonstrate leadership in implementing leading practice
- raise the bar for their competitors across the sector in their workplace practices and community engagement
- implement projects that have measurable and valued impacts in the market place of ideas.
Open to companies, organisations or individuals who operate or work in South Australia in one or more of the following sectors:
- Energy (generation, transmission, distribution, retail, energy products and services)
- Petroleum (exploration or operations)
- Engineering, technology and services (ETS)
Applications must be submitted through the online awards portal.
|Applications open:||Monday 7 September 2020|
|Applications close:||5:00 pm Friday 2 October 2020|
|Online Awards' ceremony:||Thursday 26 November 2020|
The following 5 categories are open to all sectors:
- Health and safety
- Inclusion and wellbeing
- Young achiever
A further 6 categories are divided by sector:
- Productivity improvement (Resources - Mining including Quarrying and Exploration, Petroleum including exploration and operations)
- Productivity improvement (ETS - Engineering, technology and services)
- Productivity improvement (Energy)
- Innovation and collaboration (Resources)
- Innovation and collaboration (ETS)
- Innovation and collaboration (Energy)
Full details on eligibility, category criteria and the nomination process are given in the Premier's Awards Energy and Mining 2020 award guidelines.
Why enter the Premier’s Awards for Energy and Mining?
- demonstrate how programs and projects have measurable and valued impacts in the marketplace
- support internal business cases to apply more resources to these types of programs and projects
- receive recognition for business policies that aim to improve diversity and support communities
- increase media and brand awareness
- highlight the company or organisation as an attractive potential employer or business partner.
The 2020 Premier Awards in Energy and Mining will announce the winners in a free, live, online Awards ceremony on Thursday 26 November 2020.
Registration details will be released soon, but save the date to bring together your colleagues and business partners together to watch, which practicing the applicable COVID-19 protocols.
Judging will be based on the merit of each application, not as a competition between applicants.
Small projects will be assessed taking the size and resources of the company or organisation into consideration.
Applications will be judged against the eligibility criteria for each award.
The judging panels for each of the three sectors (resources, ETS and energy) will discuss criteria assessments and make recommendations on the winning applicants to the Premier. The Premier's decision is final.
The panels have representatives from business, industry, aboriginal affairs, environmental management, engagement, social services and government, providing a wide range and depth of experience from government and industry sectors.
The judging panel for 2020 will be announced soon.