The Department for Energy and Mining, as the regulator, develops and publishes information relating to the administration and regulation of mineral exploration and mining activities in South Australia. Policies are short statements of the department's position relating to its objectives, functions and powers under the Mining Acts.
- Exploration and mining regulation (Mineral Policy 001) (PDF 147 KB)
- Exploration expenditure policy (PDF 104 KB)
- Working conditions under the Mining Act and Opal Mining Act (Mineral Policy 002)
- A summary of the information in Mineral Policy 002 is available as a standalone document Working conditions under the Opal Mining Act (PDF 1.6 MB)
- Extractive Areas Rehabilitation Fund (Mineral Policy 003) (PDF 436 KB)
- Mining Act regulation, compliance and enforcement (Mineral Policy 004) (PDF 286 KB)
- Mining Act tailings regulation and standards (Mineral Policy 007) (PDF 235 KB)
Further policies will be added as they are developed.