Exploration licence applications

Areas over which the Minister for Energy and Mining proposes to grant exploration licences (includes notification of applicant, location, pastoral lease if applicable, and map showing location and area).

Current licence applications

Exploration release areas

Applicants can submit an application for a corresponding licence within the published timeframe for areas identified for release upon the expiry, surrender, partial surrender or cancellation of an exploration licence.

Current exploration release areas

Special declared areas

The Minister for Energy and Mining may, pursuant to section 9A of the Mining Act 1971 (the Act), can declare an area of land to be exempt from the operation of certain provisions of the Act.

Special declared areas