The Australian Institute for Machine Learning (AIML) actively engages and works with South Australian SMEs that wish to integrate and adopt machine learning and AI to drive transformational productivity growth in their business to improve their local and global competitiveness. This engagement is supported by funding from the South Australian Government, and under Program 4.
The AIML is one of six Research Institutes at the University of Adelaide, and a world-leader in the application of machine learning methodologies. With over 100 researchers, we are the largest University-based research group in machine learning in Australia. Our work is carried out to the following themes: Machine Learning Theory, Trusted Autonomous Systems, Robotic Vision, and Visual Question Answering. The expertise of AIML is available for eligible projects at no charge.
Machine learning can be applied to and benefit a range of industries including health, defence, mining/petroleum, agriculture, transport, ICT, finance, sport, policy and the environment.
To work with AIML, you must be:
- an Australian Small to Medium Enterprise (South Australian companies preferred),
- an international research organisation who wishes to collaborate with AIML on a project with benefit to SA (sometimes with a commercialisation path but not always)
- a Small to Medium Enterprise who is partnering with an International Organisation.
Your company must have:
- sufficiently large dataset, or can create such a dataset, to effectively train an artificial intelligence system
- demonstrate that it has the required resources to implement and maintain an artificial intelligence system if it is created.
Engaging with AIML (non-Program 4)
SMEs or Global Research Organisations that do not meet the Program 4 requirements listed above are still able to work with AIML, but will not qualify for the associated Government funding.