South Australia works with companies to deliver major mining projects with minimum risk, and in minimum time
A dedicated mining projects team provides a comprehensive, informed and coordinated approach to assisting proponents through the mine development process. The case managers are senior, experienced government employees, responsible for providing a single point of contact to project proponents for their strategic relationship with government.
A key focus of the Mining Projects Team is to ensure that interactions with government are efficient and effective, and that a holistic view is taken from an early stage to ensure that projects are planned and developed swiftly:
- in consultation with all relevant stakeholders to ultimately achieve a 'social license to operate'
- in a manner that balances environmental, economic and social impacts and benefits
- in a form that delivers profitable mining operations that are sustainable over the long term
- in a way that positions the state's broader minerals industry for long-term sustainability and sustained growth.
The Mining Projects Team:
- Coordinates the relationship between mine developers and government
- Provides advice on government process, and works proactively to identify and eliminate any delays
- Alerts proponents to key challenges that need to be worked through in the early stages of a project
- Identifies emerging risk and drives multidisciplinary problem solving with the proponent and key stakeholders
- Brokers innovative solutions to complex project issues of, for example, science, law, engagement - escalating them wherever necessary.