South Australia is a resource rich state that has developed a reputation as one of the best jurisdictions in the world for exploring, developing and mining
JUMEX Survey 2016
South Australia ranked as the second most attractive investment destination for mineral exploration in Australia, with only Western Australia achieving a higher rating, according to the Grant Thornton Annual Survey of Junior Mining and Exploration Companies (released October 2016).
The report also found that there had been an improvement in market conditions for junior miners, and that gold was likely to attract investment in 2017, a significant opportunity for a state such as South Australia with substantial gold deposits
Fraser Institute Annual Survey of Mining Companies: 2016
- 6th in the world for Geological databases, and remaining in the Top Ten for the last 13 years
- 8 top quartile rankings for positive perception and increased rankings across the following 6 key measures:
- Best practices mineral potential
- Socioeconomoic agreements / community development conditions
- Geological database
- Political stability
- Level of security
- Availability of labour / skills
World Risk Survey 2017
- South Australia has ranked 1st nationally and in the top 10 internationally in the Mining journal's 2017 World Risk Report, awarding the state a AA score of 'very low risk' for mining investment.
Mineral Council of Australia (MCA)
Scorecard results for 2012 (released in June 2013) reveal that South Australia leads all jurisdictions in Australia and New Zealand for the majority of mining approvals, environmental assessments and land access policies and regulation.
For more information, contact:
Principal Minerals Industry Analyst
Phone: +61 8 8463 3066