Investment in solar energy projects is rapidly increasing throughout South Australia.
South Australia’s solar PV industry is leading the nation. We currently have approximately 2GW of solar PV generating capacity state-wide, over one in three households have solar panels and three large scale solar farms are in operation with a fourth under construction.
Operational solar farms in South Australia are:
- Bungala Solar Farms 1 & 2 near Port Augusta (220MW)
- Tailem Bend Solar Stage 1 (108MW)
- Adelaide Desal Plant (11MW)
Under construction :
- Port Augusta Renewable Energy Park includes 110MW solar
- Goyder South Hybrid Renewable Power Station includes 200MW solar
There is approximately 7GW of proposed solar projects in the pipeline.