Resource and location
- Approximately 26.5 km southeast of Mount Gambier
Company and tenement information
- The application for a mining lease was submitted under Sibelco Australia Limited. Following the grant of the mining lease, the site was transferred to Graymont (NSW) Pty Ltd
- Mining lease (ML) 6523, granted on 13 April 2021
Mining operation and status
- Graymont propose to quarry dolomite to supply glass manufacturing by the open cut method
- Program for environment protection and rehabilitation (PEPR) under assessment
Resource estimates and production statistics
- Company released resource estimate is included in the Mining proposal MC 4371 (PDF)
- Production statistics for South Australia’s major operating and approved mines are summarised in Operating mines and quarries of South Australia (PDF 586.3 KB)
Documents and reports
In support of an ML application over mineral claim (MC) 4371, Sibelco Australia Ltd submitted a mining proposal (MP).
In accordance with the Mining Act 1971 the Minister ‘must invite members of the public to make written submissions in relation to the application for a mining lease and have due consideration of the public submissions when assessing the mining application’.
The mining proposal was made available for public comment from 21 November 2019 to 9 January 2020.
DEM requested that Sibelco Australia Limited respond to the matters raised during the public consultation period:
- Letter from DEM to Sibelco Australia Limited requesting a response to consultation (PDF)
- Response document from Sibelco Australia Limited for the Glenelg Dolomite Quarry (PDF)
- Tenement document ML 6523 (PDF)
- DEM assessment report for the application of a mining lease from Sibelco Australia Limited for the Glenelg Dolomite Quarry (PDF)